Now both Service Members AND dependents can take the USAREUR drivers training and test online prior to moving. This test is one of the biggest challenges for newcomers in Germany and stories of taking it two or three times to pass are not uncommon. Service members can use their common access card and family members can use the benefits number on the back of their ID card to log into JKO and access the training and test.
Follow these directions to access the training and exam:
- Navigate to http://jko.jten.mil
- Under Course Catalog ensure the “courses” tab is selected and select “USA” from the drop down.
- Enter 007 in the course number field and click search
- Enroll and take USA-007 “U.S. Forces Driver’s Training Program for Europe (2 hrs)”
- When you are ready, enroll and take the exam USA-007-B “U.S. Forces Driver’s Training Program for Europe – Final Course Exam (2 hrs)”
Once you have passed the exam simply print out your certificate and bring it with you to Germany. Present it to the drivers office when you in-process to recieve your USAREUR license.